WEDNESDAY NIGHT GROUP RIDE
Pedalhead's Wednesday Night Group Ride is a weekly mountain bike group ride that explores Edmonton's best singletrack trails. No membership is required -- we just ask that you consider us for your next purchase. This page is updated when the ride status changes.
Group rides are currently cancelled until further notice. Check back for updates soon.
- This is an off-road mountain bike ride. No hybrids or cyclocross bikes.
- Choose a group that suits your level of ability and fitness: Novice, Intermediate, Advanced or Expert.
- All groups except Expert will wait for slower riders, but please know how to get back to the shop in case you actually get lost.
- If you suffer a mechanical and it can be fixed within 5 minutes, the group will wait for you.
Novice - Rider has limited off-road experience but must be comfortable on basic singletrack trails. Must be able to ride for 2+ hours with occasional stops.
Intermediate - Rider has reasonable mountain bike experience and comfortable on most trails. Able to move at a faster pace for 2+ hours with less stops.
Advanced - Rider is comfortable riding at any and all levels of terrain at a high speed. Can ride 2+ hours with very few stops. Possible sport level racing experience.
Expert - Rider has a very high level of technical skills and fitness. Can ride 2+ hours with little to no stops. Possible expert to elite race experience.
The When and Where
- We leave from the shop at 6:00 p.m and return around 8:30.
- Parking is available in our front or rear stalls or on 66th ave, but not the motel lot.
- Please arrive tuned up, hydrated and ready to ride. We have a water jug, floor pump and bottle of chain lube available for you to use.
- You need a helmet, flat repair gear and whatever food/water you require. We sell all of it. Show up early and we'll be happy to help.
- All riders must sign a waiver before their first ride of the season. These are available at the shop before every ride.
The Fine Details
- To preserve the quality of our trails, we don't ride in wet/muddy conditions.
- Group leaders are volunteers. Group riders are out for a fun time. Play nice and have fun.
- Consult this page for ride status updates.