WEDNESDAY NIGHT GROUP RIDE
Pedalhead's Wednesday Night Group Ride is a weekly mountain bike group ride that explores Edmonton's best singletrack trails. No membership is required -- we just ask that you consider us for your next purchase. This page is updated when the ride status changes.
Wednesday Night Group Ride season has ended. Thanks for a great season!
- This is an off-road mountain bike ride. No hybrids or cyclocross bikes.
- Choose a group that suits your level of ability and fitness: Novice, Intermediate, Advanced or Expert.
- All groups except Expert will wait for slower riders, but please know how to get back to the shop in case you actually get lost.
- If you suffer a mechanical and it can be fixed within 5 minutes, the group will wait for you.
Novice - Rider has limited off-road experience but must be comfortable on basic singletrack trails. Must be able to ride for 2+ hours with occasional stops.
Intermediate - Rider has reasonable mountain bike experience and comfortable on most trails. Able to move at a faster pace for 2+ hours with less stops.
Advanced - Rider is comfortable riding at any and all levels of terrain at a high speed. Can ride 2+ hours with very few stops. Possible sport level racing experience.
Expert - Rider has a very high level of technical skills and fitness. Can ride 2+ hours with little to no stops. Possible expert to elite race experience.
The When and Where
- We leave from the shop at 6:00 p.m and return around 8:30.
- Parking is available in our front or rear stalls or on 66th ave, but not the motel lot.
- Please arrive tuned up, hydrated and ready to ride. We have a water jug, floor pump and bottle of chain lube available for you to use.
- You need a helmet, flat repair gear and whatever food/water you require. We sell all of it. Show up early and we'll be happy to help.
- All riders must sign a waiver before their first ride of the season. These are available at the shop before every ride.
The Fine Details
- To preserve the quality of our trails, we don't ride in wet/muddy conditions.
- Group leaders are volunteers. Group riders are out for a fun time. Play nice and have fun.
- Consult this page for ride status updates.